The inspirational theme for my practice and research is currently the feminine principle, artistic support for environmental work and wisdom traditions addressing the planet earth being our body and consciousness. How can artistic and other practices bring these topics forward? How do these views direct the choices we make or the stories we tell? How distinct are the actions based on the feminine principle in today’s world? As an artist I work with songs, writing and visual art as means for storytelling on various levels. My work is often site-specific, emphasizing the moment of the now. As a cultural producer I concentrate on the question of artistic practices supporting environmental work in a tangible manner.
Having lived many periods of time in different cultures and studied the heritage of various spiritual traditions has influenced my work significantly. Collaborations with the community of artists internationally and organizations (e.g. TreeSisters: women seeding the change and Earth Protectors) form enriching and inseparable part of my practice continually.
Working experience in cultural field
- 2020 Co-leading Ecocide Law Finland with Mikko Husman, an associate group of international Stop Ecocide -campaign led by Jojo Mehta.
- 2019 Leading “Art of Reforesting” -crowdfunder campaign to channel resources with artists to reforesting, resulting in 2572 tropical trees planted through TreeSisters-organization.
- 2018- Chair in Mandala ry. Finland based NGO.
- 2018 Article for a book of ITE -artists, Union for Rural Culture and Education, Finland.
- 2014 – Social Media Volunteer, Volunteer Guide and Grove Keeper for TreeSisters: women
seeding the change, Bristol, UK
- 2015-2017 Producer of women’s workshops on Feminine Principle for Rosanada Wild (UK), Finland.
- 2016 Concept Development (Internship), New Circle Movement, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 2016 Assistant for IDE Dance Company, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 2015 Workshop in Den Frie Udstilligen w Iselin Veronika Brandt, Copenhagen.
- 2012-2015 Volunteer coordinator, World Tango Festival, Tampere, Finland.
- 2015 Book Kävely Brysselistä Istanbuliin published by Ntamo, Helsinki.
- 2014 Host for Sound & Yoga Retreat for Bhavana & Shabad Deep Kaur, Längelmäki, Finland.
- 2014 Assistant for Handicap Art Festival, Mørk Dans Company, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 2013 Producer and performer, Ahoi Performanci. Scandinavian performance group,
performances and working periods in Finland, Helsinki, Tampere and Norway, Posrgrunn.
- 2011Producer of performances and a workshop for the butoh dancer Mehdi Farajpour (Iran/France), Helsinki, Finland.
- 2009 Producer of Tanssi Outo Paikka-festival; performances, workshops, Pispala Contemporary Art Centre, Tampere, Finland.
- 2009 Radiodocumentary Distance Bryssel – Istanbul, 50 min. Finnish National Radio, together with Teemu Takatalo.
- 2007-2008 Series of columns. The magazine of Joensuu University. Together with Teemu Takatalo.
- 2007 Field Coordinator. ITE-outsider art, Union of Rural Education and Culture.
- 2007 Article A Condensed Space in Folk Aesthetics. Publisher Kalevalaseura.
- 2006 Performer, Mørk Dans Company, Copenhagen, Denmark
2014 MA Visual Culture. Aalto University, Finland.
2013 Yoga Instructor, 200 hrs RYT.
2006 Instructing Creative Dance, Eastern Finlands Sports Institute.
2006 Butoh Intensive course, Nordic School of Butoh.
2004 BA, Tampere University of Applied Sciences, Art and Media. 2000
Sound Recording Studies, Studio Punaportti.
1999 Baccalaureate, Tammerkoski High School.
GRANTS, RESIDENCIES, PRIZES2015 Artist in Residence, Copenhagen City, Denmark.
2014 Aalto University. Grant for collaboration w Mørk-Dans, Cph, Denmark.
2013 Tampere City. Production grant for Ahoi Performanci.
2010 Pirkanmaa Art Council. Working grant.
2009 Tampere City. Production grant for Tanssi Outo Paikka-festival.
2008 Artist in Residency, Barcelona, Spain.
2007 Pohjois-Karjala Art Council. Working grant.
2007 Ministry of Education and Culture, Finland. Grant for group.
2006 Sleipnir. Grant for further studies in art, Copenhagen, Denmark.
2006 Tampere City. Grant for further studies in art, Copenhagen, Denmark.
2005 Kinos Film Festival 1. Prize for video work.
2005 Foundation for Environmental Art. Grant for environmental art.
2004 Nokia City. Grant for group exhibition and cultural event.
2004 Finland – Lithuania Foundation Travel grant for a group.
2017 Mandala. Feminine Nature Based Process Work with Allan Jorch Dehn Kristensen, Denmark & Finland.
2016 Charity to Ants, exhibition with Heini Mikkonen, Linnan Pyöräverstaan Kahvila, Hämeenlinna, Finland.
2015 Walking Exhibition. Curator: Matilde Mörk, Saeby, Århus, Denmark.
2013 Paintings. Group Exhibition Generaattorigalleria, Pori, Finland.
2012 To Draw. Group Exhibition, Generaattorigalleria, Pori, Finland.
2010 Etäisyys Bryssel – Istanbul. W T. Takatalo, Pakkahuone, Jns, Finland.
2009 0db, video works, Practice as Research in Theatre, Tampere, Finland.
2009 Naisen Tila. Group Exhibition, Kemi Art Museum, Kemi, Finland.
2008 Screendance: the state of art II. Video work in sreening, American Dance Festival, Durham,
North Carolina, USA.
2008 100 % Finlande. Video work in screening, Theatre l’Aquarium/Theatre Chaudron & La Cartoucherie, Paris, France.
2008 Dance Trade Fair. Video work in screening, Pavilion of Finland, Dusseldorf, Germany
2008 Linssin Takaa III. Video work in screening Zodiak Uuden Tanssin Keskus, Helsinki,
2007 Lintu ja Nainen. Sound piece in Marianne Laiti’s exhibition. Galleria Napa, Rovaniemi, Finland.
2007 Livejournal – Naisen Tila. Group exhibition. Anna Ahmatova museum, Sant Petersburg, Russia.
2005 Silmänlumetta. Group exhibition, St Petersburg Finnish Institute, Sant Petersburg, Russia.
2005 Ansojen kokija. Solo Exhibition. Pispala Contemporary Art Center, Tampere, Finland.
2005Taidelehto. Environmental Art. Tampere, Finland.
2005 Naulantaivutus. Environmental Art and performance happening, Tampere, Finland.
2005 Kinos, Video work in screening , Lahti, Finland.
2004 RATAS – Finnish-Lithuanian Art Expedition. Group exhibition. Siuronkosken Voimala, Nokia Finland.
2004 RATAS – Finnish Art Expedition. Group exhibition. Klaipedos Dailes Parodurumai,
2004 PAM! Group exhibition of graduating students, Vapriikki, Tampere, Finland.
2014 The Green Queen, group process work, Tampere – Mont Blanc – Tarragona.
2013 Ahoi Performanci, performances in Galleria Koppelo, Tampere, Gallery Huuto, Helsinki, Finland.
2009 Undercover. Solo, Tukkateatteri, Tampere, Finland
2009 “Airport”. Choreography Grigory Glazunov, Athens, Greece.
2009 Yksi/kaksi. Performance with Iida Airasmaa, Kerman Himinät, Heinävesi, Finland.
2009 Annikinkadun Butokioski. Interactive installation/ group performance, Tampere, Finland.
2009 Maisemanainen. Solo performance, Kemi Art Museum, Kemi, Finland.
2009 Lost Dolls. Choreography Grigory Glazunov, Kaapelitehdas Helsinki, Finland.
2007-08 Walk From Brussels to Istanbul. Process work with Teemu Takatalo. Europe.
2007 Kampamaneettien invaasio ja Vedenalaiset jouset. Group performance, Helsinki, Finland.
2007 Butoh dance solo. Pienmäki house museum, Hankasalmi, Finland.
2007 Under White. Dance & Choreography with Anna Jussilainen Livejournal event, Anna Ahmatova Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia.
2007 Whirl. Dance piece with Martina Elo, Dora Farkas. Body and Word, St. Petersburg, Russia.
2007 Kaupunki-score kävelykadulla. Day of the Dance performances. Joensuu, Finland.
2006 Butoh Dance solos, Autiokuu, Hankasalmi., Finland.
2006 Meet the Mind that Moves. Choreography Matilde Mørk/Mørk-Dans Company. Roskilde Festival -06, Denmark.
2006 Natur, kropp og människa. Choreography Anita Saij. Frederiks Bastion, Copenhagen, Denmark.
2005 Spoonful of Tea, Sound performance, Vintti Gallery, Tampere, Finland.
2005 Butoh Dance, with Iida Airasmaa, Tahmela, Tampere, Finland.
2004 Varsinainen. Coreography Anna Jussilaien, Kiisu Theatre, Outokumpu, Finland.